Create the file /etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo and put the contents below in it:
name=Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5 - $basearch #baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/5/$basearch mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=epel-5&arch=$basearch failovermethod=priority enabled=1 gpgcheck=1 gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL [epel-debuginfo] name=Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5 - $basearch - Debug #baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/5/$basearch/debug mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=epel-debug-5&arch=$basearch failovermethod=priority enabled=0 gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL gpgcheck=1 [epel-source] name=Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5 - $basearch - Source #baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/5/SRPMS mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=epel-source-5&arch=$basearch failovermethod=priority enabled=0 gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL gpgcheck=1
rpm -Uvh http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/x86_64/epel-release-5-4.noarch.rpm
Value: 1 disables selective suspend mode. 0 enables selective suspend mode.
- This procedure may reduce the battery life on a portable computer.
- This setting affects all USB host controller drivers in the system. If the value of the DisableSelectiveSuspend registry entry is set to 1, selective suspend mode is turned off. Additionally, the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box does not appear on the Power Management tab for the USB root hub.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click Key.
- Type USB for the name of the subkey, and then press ENTER.
- Click the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type DisableSelectiveSuspend for the name of the DWORD, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click DisableSelectiveSuspend, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
1. In Power options, click Change advanced power settings.
2. In the Power Options dialog box, expand USB settings, and then expand USB selective suspend setting.
3. If you want to enable Windows 7 to turn on the USB root hub when the computer is running on battery power, click Disabled in the On battery list.
4. If you want to enable Windows 7 to turn on the USB root hub when the computer is plugged in to a power outlet, click Disabled in the Plugged in list, and then click OK.
Windows Vista includes a command line tool, Powercfg.Exe, that you can use to configure power management settings. Windows 7 introduces a new switch, /energy, to provide a comprehensive report of those settings. It also offers diagnostics that can indicate which applications or devices might be causing power management issues (such as a USB driver not entering suspend) and what power management settings you can configure differently for better results. At an elevated command prompt, simply enter:
POWERCFG –ENERGY –OUTPUT <path\filename>
The tool will observe your computer for 60 seconds, and then create a file called ENERGY-REPORT.HTML in the path you specified. Simply double-click on this file to see what’s going on.
On request, for Dave and Micah
Fajita Marinade good for Beef or Chicken =)
¼ cup Olive Oyl inst a big bowl, agh agha agh
2 tsp Worcestershestershestershire suace
1 tsp Lime zesti-ness grated rind (that’s the peel for you Amuricans)
2 tsp Cumin (not as dirty as it sounds)
¼ Cup Green Lemons (Limes)
1 tsp NaCl (Salt)
¼ cup Cilantro chopped fine (the Parsley Imposter)
½ tsp Oregano (the Shake)
½ tsp Sneezing Powder (Pepper)
½ Clove of garlic minced finely
Couple beef bullion cubes (those miniature salt-lick things) dissolved in warm water OR Can-O-Beef Broth
The Cilantro and Lime are the Magic in good fajitas so don’t skimp out on those!